Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Unfulfilled Sleep In

It is currently 7.23am here having woken up just over 15 minutes ago I groan at the time.  No matter how hard I try I just can't seem to make it past 7.30am at the moment....which means that I am ready for a nap come 3.30pm.  Is this a part of growing older, that we feel the need to lie down and snooze in the afternoon?  This is not saying that I'm going to bed early and that's why I can't seem to sleep in, nope, the average night time nod off seems to be around midnight so I just can't work out why this unfulfilled lie in is occurring. 

Basically I liken myself to a cat (as much as I love dogs and am happy to answer to the word Bitch), it is this animal that I feel most akin with.  I like to laze in the sun, curl up somewhere and snooze but have the claws if you want to try me.  Also I am very independent and have the views that go with it.  However, unlike the cat I can't seem to slumber away in the early mornings at the moment.  Has someone up there been playing funny buggers with some internal clock I didn't want to know about?  Knowing my contrary mind, I'll be sleeping soundly past the allotted internal wake up and will end up being kicked out of bed by my parents to help get things ready for the 18 guests we have descending upon the household for lunch.


No comments: