Friday, December 5, 2008

Customer Service?

I'm sorry to those who have heard it all before but today's post is going to be a rant because I am so pissed off that I need to vent.  I received a phone call just over a week ago from the owner of what used to be my favourite store.  Due to essays, exams and a new job plus all other usual incidentals I had not been in to visit this store for a while.  The question posed to me was: was there any reason that I had not been in to this store?  I explained that I had been busy but I had previously explained my various issues with the owner and they had not been rectified, nor had I received any customer satisfaction in response to the various issues and thus felt that the store was no longer an exemplary service based 'enjoyable' experience but more likened to that of the dreaded franchise establishments.

During our conversation, to which the new owner kept me on my mobile for over 20 minutes,this owner after receiving explanations of issues I had with the management of the business went on to make excuses AGAIN and turn the blame of the issues upon me - the customer!!!  There was also mention of a series of novels which they had on hold for me.  I explained that the series was short by 3 books and that we were awaiting confirmation of the series in its entirety being available for collection.  The owner said that she would look into it and let me know.  However, since I have not had any response, I as of yesterday cancelled the order.  The time length of the hold was due to continued mismanagement (her view of customer service) as we were willing to pick them up complete at any time.  Today I have received this :

I think this is unreasonable as we have spent literally hours on this

order and have bought them all firm sale and had them sitting around

waiting to be picked up since October.  We have many orders sitting here

for yourself and Lisa, including some DVDs being held since July.  I

have now cancelled all of your (both yours & Lisa's) orders and returned

them to stock as they are well beyond the one week hold time we give to

other customers.  


We actually like people to buy books off our shelves occasionally as

special orders require lots of extra work and other customers tend to

appreciate that we have offered them a special service that they

wouldn't get elsewhere.  I am aware that you are unlikely to return to

Robinson's but I want you to know that neither yourself nor Lisa have

privileges to special order books from here again.  You can buy books

from the shelf, but we will no longer order in or reserve titles for

you.  You will need to buy books off the shelf to use up your points

next year.


I am sorry that you have not had a good experience on your last few

visits to the store, but you need to understand we are a new Robinsons -

and we are shifting our focus to new customers who are less demanding

and critical.  


I wish you good day.


Susanne Horman

Robinsons Bookshop


And this is supposed to be a customer service business????  This is woman (that's being pleasant) is nothing more than a ridiculous excuse for a person who has such airs upon herself that she needs to go to a special school to fully comprehend what customer service is.  Obviously the fact that the customer is always right has totally passed this person by - this only applies if you fawn and give her a colonoscopy!  


Enough of my rant - To all of my friends that read this I'm sure you know how vindictive I can be when I KNOW I'm in the right - best & worst marketing in the world is word of mouth....we shall see how far she can dig her grave in the retail world in such a community as this where contacts are all important.


Hugs to all & warm fuzzies to you faithful all.

No comments: