Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Early Mornings

I have to admit that I am not a morning person.  This is not to say that I don't get out of bed in a cheerful mood, it just means that getting out of bed can be the problem.  Snooze I have discovered is really not my friend.  If I press it then I feel worse and the grumps settle in only to be chased away longer than normal.  Why exactly am I mentioning this?  Well, it's simple really.  I have to be at work at 7am tomorrow and have thus just spent the past 5 minutes contemplating what is a reasonable hour to set my alarm.  I have finally decided on 6am, but it's not really 6am as my clock is set 10 minutes fast.  The brilliance to the madness is that I will have a panic attack should I glance over and see the time at 7.15 am and immediately rush to get organised and out the door.  I know, these delusions I continually have are just a small part of what makes me, me.

So, the PLAN, notice the capitals as it is not set in concrete, is to get up just after 6am, have a cuppa, maybe a piece of toast then head off to for work about 6.35 am.  I'll let you know if I was successful in actually adhering to a plan of such repulsion.  I mean, really, would you want to leave the comfort of your bed to venture in the coolness of morning???  I just don't get it.  My perfect lazy day consists of pj's, a good book and bed or chair to curl up on.....screw getting out from under the doona!


No comments: