Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mmm Sunshine

Summer has definitely hit Melbourne with a vengeance!  Today we reached a top of 30 degrees Celsius and tomorrow's temperature is 34 degrees.  It's looking good for Christmas Day with a top of 26 so I am blissed out with the sun lounge ignoring the usual warnings about the sun.  It's not that I'm actually sunbathing, I take out a book and read it outside...well, until the heat gets to me then I walk back in and curl up in a chair enjoying the shade and coolness that is evident indoors.

I love the sun, although I really don't like it too hot and prefer lovely coolish evenings once the sun goes down...suitable for a comfy sleep in bed.  The next couple of days will be busy as Christmas nears.  Tomorrow I am off to pamper myself with a trip to the hair dresser.... a summer look is in order to go with my summery mood and the sunshine.  I think that I'll also give myself a pedicure and just be a vegetable for the rest of the day... the bedroom still isn't finished but it is 100% better than it was and is livable for the next day before I attack it again just before Christmas.

I have now eaten, drank and am feeling very relaxed that it is time for me to curl up once again with a book and drift away....

No comments: