Sunday, December 28, 2008

A New Addition

I am pleased to announce the arrival of my newly born niece: Miss Allegra Jane Vatta.  To be quite blunt I really don't like babies, well like is really not the right word there.  I am indifferent to them.  Most of the time I can't quite understand what all the fuss is about. They scream, smell and basically annoy the hell out of me. But then again there are, and I will admit it, some babies that are cute... not all squally, red, wrinkled and horrible little shits...some of them actually do have nice personalities.  This is the case with my new niece.  She doesn't try to steal the limelight, but stays so quiet that it makes me proud to acknowledge her.  The child in the bed next to her should be sent back because it wouldn't shut up... one of the reasons I won't have a baby is because I'd end up with that!

So, little miss came into the world yesterday at 2.15pm.  Weighing 7.5 pounds and 47cm long not making a sound with her hand curled over the right side of her face/cheek.  She has totally surprised her mother with how undemanding she is except for when she wants her food.  A lovely little girl with a button nose, lots of brown/black hair and gorgeous chocolate brown eyes fringed with long lashes.  The name suits her, meaning pretty/beautiful... and for once the name is right, even when talking about a baby!

No comments: