Sunday, December 14, 2008

Decks, Sun & Food

The rain that we have been getting the past few days has lent itself to a bright sunny afternoon.  Dad & my nephew Jason have finished up our new deck and we are currently sitting here eating some finger food, drinking some sparkling rose and enjoying the light breeze tickling my skin.  They are forecasting more rain, or should I say showers, for this week but for now I am ready to sink further into my seat and go for a snooze.

It's kind of hard to believe that we'll be celebrating Christmas in 8 days...not that I'm counting or anything.  I'm ambivalent about what type of weather I'd like for Christmas day.  If it's cold then I'll appreciate the hot food all the better.  However, if it's hot then I can wear comfy clothes and not have to worry about cold feet etc.

The dogs are sulking in a corner hoping that they'll be the beneficiaries of some of the left over food.  Most of you probably know, but for those who are not enlightened, I have 2 dogs.  They are my babies.  They are Siberian Huskies and although, as I said they are my babies, they can be a trying pair of ratbags.  At present they are behaving...neither of them are allowed on the deck, although the looks we're all receiving are enough to try out for a Greek tragedy.

Well, enough of my rambling for today.  Look on for any more.

No comments: