Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Disaster I Call My Bedroom

I have deiced that this posting needed to be in red to give you a subliminal start as to how to define my bedroom in it's present state.  I would say that 'work in progress' is so much of an understatement that it's not funny.  Why is that whenever you decide to completely clean something it always ends up being worse before there is even a glimpse of the better?  I am one garbage bag down, as well as one load of washing now hung out to dry.  Patches of my floor are visible, but even though it is visible it also needs a good clean....may have to impose on our neighbours again for the wash 'n' vac.  

Clothes are hung, folded and put away (as well as some tearful partings into the bin for some oldies I have been holding onto for no other reason than I like them) and I now have the next struggle - what pile to start on next?  the ambivalence and indecision has halted the progressive cleaning and meant that here I am now goofing off to write in here....anything rather than make the decision on where to go next.  Kind of reminds me of that episode of Black Books the one where Manny swallows the "Little Book of Calm" and Bernard is trying to avoid doing his tax.  I have 3 choices... Books... Papers... Dvd's. 

There is no logic as to which would be best completed first.  All 3 are on the floor, desk, bed(as well as under it) and I have to find room for all of it.  The papers have to be sorted into 'keeping' and 'rubbish' as well as the school keeping pile then tagged and put into a folder (or 2).  The books also need to be sorted, not into getting rid of any but by their genre & author (anal aren't I?) and the dvd's have to be then placed into the storage unit...alphabetically ordered of course.  I suppose you can see the dilemma, where to start?  As we are also heading off for an early dinner, I also know that there is no way that I'll be finishing today....knew this was a 2 day job but was fairly ambitious.  Tomorrow we're going into the CBD early and want to be back home around lunch time.  As we have people coming over in the evening I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to lock myself in my room and finish up.

The unrealistic aim at this time of year is to get anything completed before Christmas...but hey, I like a challenge and never believe in follow expectations...I mean who'd have thought I'd even get onto starting my room let alone doing it?

No comments: