Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ice Cream

I found this pic on the net and it reminded me of one of the best things I love about Summer - ice cream!  These ice cream sandwiches are a fantastic idea for lunch... who cares about a nutritional sandwich for lunch, have one of these instead.

I've decided to do 2 posts today and this one is focused on my all time favourite dessert.  I don't quite understand how anyone can have a favourite when it comes to ice cream.  I mean, I have preferences but in all honesty, all you need to do is put some in front of me and I just don't care.  It's ice cream, there's just no point in considering a favourite flavour, they're all enticing.

Okay, I have to say that when standing in front of a gelati case, where they are cruelly displaying 20 flavours for my taste buds to fight over, I then have a battle on my hands, in my mouth and in my head over which I want to either take with me or eat then and there in a cup or cone.  These decisions are placed before me to ensure that on some level I am not fulfilled and left disappointed.  Should I go for a chocolate base? pistachio? fruit? or exotic styled nougat?  ARGH!!! Not Fair! Time out!

Homer Simpson says "mmm donuts"; I am left in a puddle of drool over the grandness that is ice cream or gelati.... mmmmmmmmmm

No comments: