Saturday, January 17, 2009

Family

I'm sitting here in what is commonly known to all family and friends as our 'reading room' smiling and listening to the conversations flitting through the room between various family and friends.  The people visiting here today in celebration of my oldest sister's birthday are what I would call family regardless of blood.  I'm sure that many people would agree that there are often people that you adopt into a family because of the support, love and kinship felt.

I have 5 mums and love each of them for the support, love and laughter (as well as advice).  These marvelous women are beautiful for so many different reasons.  I thought that today's post would not wait for the 'official' acknowledgement of Mother's Day.  So, raise your glasses please to my mums:

Catherine
Barbara
Elizabeth
Margaret
Anne

These women mean the world to me, even if only one of them is my biological mother.  They are friends, mentor and true women to aspire to for many different reasons; all with differing strengths and weaknesses, but nonetheless are kept close to my heart.

I love you all very much.

No comments: