Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fait Chaud! (It's Hot!)

I am currently in Mildura visiting my grandparents with my mother, although keeping in close contact with my Dad and brother whilst he is in hospital.  Richard started, finally, chemotherapy today and I'm sure when I speak to dad later tonight he'll let us know how that went.  

Well, I will never complain about heat waves in Melbourne again after being here for the past 3 days.  The day we arrived it was a hot 41 degrees celcius.  Definitely warm but felt more so because my poor aunt's car has decided that the airconditioning would no work.  Yesterday was a scorching 44 degrees celcius and it didn't take long for the heat topenetrate once you took a step out the door.  Today was, sad as I would describe it, - mild.  We had a top of 35 degrees, the coolest since our arrival.  The overnight temp for tonight is 23 degrees.... I plan to have a refreshingly cool shower and relax prior to attempting to sleep.

Our flight leaves here tomorrow just after noon... if it leaves on time that is.  The last time it was running an hour late.  With tomorrow's temp of 37 degrees celcius, let's hope the plane doesn't break down due to the heat!!!

Well, it's almost 7.45pm and my cousin Elizabeth is almost finished cooking us dinner.  Even with the heat we're having a hot meal - crazy I know but hey the Indians do it with their curries, so maybe it has a cooling effect????

Ciao!

No comments: