Friday, January 9, 2009

Hard Times

I haven't, after being a fairly faithful blogger, written for a little while and there is a reason for it.  After the joy of my niece entering this world and our family we have been hit a blow.  My baby brother (father to newly born niece), has just been diagnosed very suddenly with lymphatic cancer.  So he and our families are in for a very tough struggle to fight what is considered one of the better cancers, over the next few months.  Needless to say I am very ambivalent at the moment.  To top all this off, a man that I was 'seeing' informed me after being told of this situation that I do not seem to have the same 'values' as he does and he was a little perturbed (his words) that I was so entrenched (another of his words) in my family's day to day lives.  Uh Huh!  I don't get it so maybe you can explain it to me?

So from all of this I have decided I don't give a fuck if I find someone or not.  No one is worth this and I am in total disbelief with my ability to find any fuckwit out there to screw me over in some capacity.  Anyway, enough of that.  I am however blessed with some very good close friends and know that I will be relying on them very heavily over the period of my brother's treatment/recovery.  Sometimes that reliance may even be when I'm not up to it and they have to dictate my social calendar.

Anyway, to you all out there.  I expect to write more of my story whilst sitting at my brother's bedside as well as touching base here, maybe not as much as I have been but definitely maintaining contact at least once a week.

1 comment:

targe said...

You know you can rely on your true friends and nobody needs a loser in their life, especially now. You deserve better