Thursday, January 29, 2009

Heat Wave

For the past 3 days Melbourne, my city of residence, has broiled under the Summer sun.  We have endured 43+ degree consecutive days, with overnight temperatures of mid 20's.  I really feel for the poor souls who do not have any form of cooling, and even more so for those that even if they do have cooling have been screwed over by the current Labor government.  A government whose leader chose to state last year that we would not be the victims of blackouts due to unfit electrical systems.  Wanker!!!  To him I & his party of fellow incompetents I say "cry me a river when I'm gone".

My poor puppies are totally blessed to have me as an owner... even if they wouldn't agree at times.  They are, along with me, lazing under the cool air of our airconditioner.  Occasionally I step outside to the drinks fridge and thank the lucky stars that I have the cool air inside.  I am continuing my watching of one of my favourite shows - 'The West Wing'.  Later on I'll hop in the car and go off to my friends house for a swim.  See best of both worlds - cool air at home and a private pool for my pleasure too.

Enjoy the heat wave fellow friends... and even more enjoy the cool change when it finally arrives.

No comments: