Monday, March 23, 2009

Bad Luck?

Does anyone really believe in bad luck?  If they did then situations like those my family have found themselves in for the past 6 months would be dire indeed.  Since September last year, we have had the following: a broken leg that required surgery, a knee infection that meant hospitalisation, the wedding from hell where the Father of the Bride was removed from the reception by police, said wedding ending 7 weeks later, my brother suddenly in hospital with a trachiotomy then cancer, my father's cancer escalating where he will go into hospital for surgery next month, my grandfather stressing b/c of skin cancer and now a PET scan to ensure there is no more issues, and finally my sister in law's father in hospital with a very rare condition called "Myasthenia Gravis" and will have to undergo thoracic surgery!

So, here we are at the end of March and we still plod along the path that has slowly revealed itself in not so pleasant ways.  It would be so easy after such a run of 'bad luck', for wont of a better description, to settle into a depressed point of view.  There are however, bright spots within the horrors.  Too often I believe, we focus upon the bad things and forget that right amongst them there are bright spots.  The most important thing is that we know from these trials, who our friends really are.  I consider myself very lucky indeed that so many people consider me and my family highly enough to give their continued unconditional support.  This support and love from those people are the shining stars in the middle of the gloomy sky.  

So, remember that even though times are bad, there is always someone out there who has your back...as well as many others far worse off than you!

No comments: