Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Time Management

As I write this the irony of my subject matter does not escape me.  I have a research proposal tomorrow, which I have only cursorily looked at, and a class in another hour, that I have only done half the reading for.  With this said, I have accepted the begging from my boss to do a short shift this afternoon/evening and am working all day tomorrow.  So, when am I going to complete this research proposal?  Sometime in the ether and we can just forget about the rest of the reading.  This history unit that I've taken (the one that I am struggling with the reading) is to be quite honest a mistake.  I will persevere with it but I hate...can I say it any louder - HATE, psychology and this is all that my tutorial class relates back to in this subject.  So, I don't quite care about the rest of the lectures I'll do my major essay on the 1st lecture - witches.

I feel like it's the new year again and I'm making a vow for the coming year, but this is for this semester.  Next week is a 'reading' week for 2 of my 5 classes, so that at least means that I will have a bit of a breather heading into mid semester break which is the week following Easter.  So saying though - there's always a but isn't there? - I am working Friday to Monday this weekend, and then Easter Saturday, Sunday & Monday.  Uh Huh!

Okay, time management...hmmm, well I plan (I say this loosely because my plans are just that until they actually begin), to set myself a timetable of what to do & when.  The big thing is to actually follow them and the even bigger thing is to put this plan in a place that I will actually look at regularly!  So, fingers crossed that this time management thingy actually works.

No comments: