Thursday, March 5, 2009

Writer's Block

I have an assignment to do; to write a short story for my English class.  The problem is that I can't seem to focus on anything that will flow.  I get a few ideas and WHAM!  Writer's block occurs.  Add to this that I've been trying to go to bed early for a little over a week now, but can't settle down enough to actually sleep.  Then we get to about 3pm and I feel as if I could sleep forever...of course this isn't convenient because I'm either in class, at work or about to head off in the car to go tutor a student.
I have many things planned for this semester.  The main one being that I keep on top if not ahead of the masses of work/assessments.  So far this is not quite gelling.  I'm seriously thinking about having a shower when I get home around 6 tonight, taking a mersyndol forte and curling up in bed.  At least I know that taking that little tablet will send me off to the Land of Nod with no interruptions.  I only need to work out how to rid myself of the dreaded writer's block!

No comments: