Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wine

For the first time in age I have actually had an alcoholic drink.  Why is it that when you abstain, even for a week or so, and then imbibe you suddenly find yourself in that state of fuzziness?  I have never considered myself a drinker...although I will say that some of my friends are a bad influence on my childish side from time to time...not looking in the direction of a few houses away whilst thinking of such situations..!
Tonight we had a lovely meal of seafood with one...or two bottles of white wine.  Now I have to say that my preference when it comes to wine is that of the red variety but there are a few white wines out there that I enjoy - enormously so as was evidenced tonight.  I managed, not one but 4 glasses of wine this evening and really, for someone who has not had an alcoholic drink for over a month, it has had quite an impact... I will in fact be spell checking this blog before posting!
Anyway, eat, drink & be merry.....for life was meant to be enjoyed...and Fuck the lot of them that think you have to be thin or go on a diet to enjoy life!  Now onto the chocolate!!

1 comment:

targe said...

We wouldn't drive anyone to drink...not much