Friday, April 8, 2011

Teaching & Surviving...

Teaching rounds. Hmmm.  Well, the first two weeks are over and now it's back to 'student' mode. The kids are all cleared out from the school grounds and now it gives the parents at home a chance to realise why they should appreciate teachers just that bit (or a helluva lot) more.  My impression of teaching can be summed up in one word with lots of adjectives tacked on...challenging.  I've come down with a cold that really should have made itself scarce within a few days...however, as I've been advised by my practicum mentor in my first couple of years in teaching I will catch everything & it will take longer to get rid of anything!  Yippee...uh, yup. 


Well, I was just wondering, what do you do to survive the days, weeks, years?  I always aim for positivity. I think that there should always be aims...not that I ever expect to reach them all, but then the aims should never be unrealistic either.  So, my aims are immediate, short term, long term & yes, sometimes wishful.  One of my goals is to get more done & be organised...not going so well at the moment but then Rome wasn't built in a day, or so the saying goes!

No comments: