Friday, April 1, 2011

Autumn Afternoons

As I write this latest instalment the sky is overcast, the air is fresh & the air around me is awash with the scents of cloves and oranges from the candle burning on the shelf.  I love Autumn.  Mind you I really can love any season depending where I'm enjoying it from.  Winter is great when you're home, snuggled on the sofa with the open fire crackling & the rain squalling outside.  Summer's lovely with the sun in the crisp blue skies & the sound of cicadas serenading you.  Spring is brilliant in its rainbow of colours and scents that assault the senses...yet, still for me it's Autumn.  You can have lovely crisp cool days with the sun shining and blues skies or the wind cutting through a hillside and the leaves all golden, reds & browns skipping down the sidewalks.


Most of all I love the food.  I'm a comfort food type of girl. What's your favourite season/food?  I love the puddings, stews and generally the warming hot chocolates - sometimes with chilli, sometimes with cinnamon...mmmm.  


So, today's just a brief rumination...more so I was wondering what you like to do on these days were it not for the immediacy of life intruding?  I would happily not get out of pj's, curl up with a good book, or two, or three...a great pot of tea, the cat on my lap & become a living humanoid sloth.  This is surprisingly not too far from a possibility!


So, for those of you who have managed to enjoy an Autumn day which involved doing very little but was sublimely satisfying...I tip my cup of tea in your direction.

No comments: