Friday, April 10, 2009

Addiction

I was thinking about Easter since it's Good Friday and how many people who have chocolate addictions would be in heaven now because of the able excuse to partake of said addiction.  My addiction in fact has nothing to do with food.  It's not drink, nor is it smoking (revolting habit! should be banned from every public venue).  It is in fact books.  Most of you are probably thinking that it doesn't count as an addiction but here as it is with most things, the semantics of definition can be dependent upon the person.

These are times, as we are hearing more regularly, of difficulty financially.  I myself as a student are finding this a bit trying, particularly with the car needing a good overhaul and the usual bills.  However, I still manage like the smoker, drinker or chocolate eater, to feed my addiction.  I buy books.  Not one or two, but more in the realm of four or five.  This figure is of course, lower than what it was before the monetary struggles where it was not unusual for me to buy in the field of ten plus a week or fortnight.  So, although at present my addiction is still being fed by buying the books, I have not kept up with the reading due to the school workload I have this semester...I am looking forward to the mid year break to catch up on the ever growing pile.

To all the addicts out there (smokers excluded), I wish you a bountiful Easter!

No comments: