Saturday, May 7, 2011

Rainy Day Ruminations

I'm sitting here in my lounge room on the sofa in front of the fire.  The rain is coming down outside and we're all gathered around doing things waiting for the Sunday roast to finish cooking for lunch.  I know I've been quite scarce lately but between madly doing things for my teaching rounds, looking at my upcoming assessments and working I find that I am spending less time online than on the computer planning lessons or looking up research for upcoming lessons/assessments!


It's days like this though that I love.  Rain outside, fire going, the cat draped over my feet as I type away and a cup of tea to drink.  I have no where I have to be, nothing that can't wait a few hours and no one demanding my time....simply bliss.  Some of the things I'm looking forward to in the next few weeks are: 
my grandfather's 90th Birthday, successfully completing my teaching rounds (paperwork included), finishing my 1st semester of Grad DipEd, having time to relax & read all the books I've put in my TBR pile and simply spending time with people I've placed onto the back burner for the past 18 months...you know who you are!


What do you love about rainy days?  There's something great about them...even if it's minor.

No comments: