Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Beachside...

Well after leaving promptly at 4.30am this morning we made it to Bateman's Bay in record time.  I was feeling a little tired just before Lakes Entrance but soon perked up and continued the drive.  As we got near Bega Mum & I reminisced on how the last time we travelled up this way we were going to stop at a pub for dinner.  Now, you'd think that a town the size of Bega would have counter meals at least until 7pm wouldn't you...well, like us you'd be dead wrong!  in fact the nicest thing I can say about the town is you get through it pretty quick & that they're now looking at building a bypass - thank God!!!! Today we saw the town in daylight...grungy & we were detoured because of flooding...I could be mean here and make some comments re: the flooding, but I'll leave it to your imagination.  There are some really gorgeous towns as you drive around & some that should be ashamed...


So, now I'm sitting down opposite the water; the sun is shining brightly here and the temperature is mid 20's...apparently you Melbournites will be annoyed at that as Dad said it's currently raining there.  Well, to annoy you even more, the forecast for this weekend here is sunny & staying in the mid-20's.  


So, the breeze is lovely and fresh - there isn't too much traffic noise annoying my serenity & i feel just like the Kernigans at Bonnie Doon....


Have a great day all and I'll write soon....

No comments: